Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sweet Peach Ombre Vanilla Cake

Pin It

Hello,

I love peaches..but sadly this is not a peach cake.  It's a peach coloured vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. I would love to make a peach cake though, I just have to figure out how to do it.  One of these days maybe.  

It was one of those Sundays where I just sit boredly at home.  My mind was full of ideas and after cooking and sitting down with my family for lunch, I got up and with a bowl on my hip and a whisk in my hand, whipped up a very simple vanilla cake.  It was for tea.


I know ombre and ruffles are the latest trend in cake decorating and I'm itching to do another one after I did my Pink Vanilla Frills and the Ombre Bee Hive cake.  So, I sat quietly at the dinner table and start piping away.  I had bought the peach colour for quite some time and did not get a chance to use it.  I used a petal nozzle and with the thin side up I ruffled the buttercream left and right.  If you were wondering that it was time consuming, the answer is no.  I finished the ruffles in less than 30 minutes.


Do you like the ombre cake layers?  I love it and next time I'm going to do more layers.  The cake was delicious and my husband took some to school for his friends.  Hope they like it.  I hope you like it too.  Don't forget to come again for my next post.  See ya..




PLEASE RATE MY SWEET PRODUCT :

2 comments:

Corporate to Kitchen said...

Waw... This is too good. Ur reall very artistic & done it so perfect. Did u use butter for making buttercream or vegetable shortening

Anonymous said...

I m looking for this cake...do u take orders? Regards Suriah. Pls text me at 97823230

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...